Join me this morning and every Friday @exhalestudio Yaletown Vancouver 10-11:15am for Kundalini Vinyasa Fusion!
This powerful class offers the best of both worlds so you can increase your energy, strengthen and tone your body, release all that energetic and emotional stuff that’s no longer serving you and create more bliss in your life.
Come get your sweat on…today it’s all about the heart chakra
Someone is just loving the transition into autumn…
Zain’s Super Easy Grain Free, Sugar Free Vegan Power Muffins!
The perfect pre or post workout snack or healthy back to school snack for kids!
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup coconut butter
2 ripe bananas
1 tsp natural vanilla
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax seeds soaked in 5 tbsp water) non vegans may sub for 2 eggs
1/2 - 1 tsp powdered stevia
10-15 drops liquid stevia
Note, you can also sub the sweetener with 2 tbsp maple syrup, honey or another sweetener of your choice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup of your choice dried coconut, dried fruit, fresh fruit, nuts & seeds you can also add in oats if you want some grains but if you do, please a 2-3 tbsp, unsweetened nut milk, vegan chocolate, I like to add 4 scoops vegan protein to my batch and I use @sunwarrior vanilla and add 2-3 tbsp nut milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Blend all ingredients together into a blender or food processor until combined well, stir in any optional ingredients
3. Pour batter into a coconut oil greased muffin tin or paper lined tin
4. Bake for 10 minutes until golden and enjoy!!!
Autumn Equinox Meditation 🍁
As the season shifts from summer to autumn, there seems to be an anxiety driven response to living life. Responsibilities once again become real and we tend to sacrifice ourselves in order to achieve our goals.
Nature is changing all around us and there is very little energetic stability so it is only natural for us to feel overwhelmed with all that must be done and rather than harness that energy, we begin to doubt our capabilities, judge ourselves or compare ourselves to others.
Rather than pulling away from these feelings, it is critical for us to lean into them so that they no longer limit us from what we are truly capable of.
You have the power and ability to achieve everything you want in this life and as nature teaches us during these transitional seasons, change occurs gradually, choice by choice. Nature takes her time to transition, the leaves change color over many days and it takes months before branches are bare.
This meditation helps us to be more accepting and open to the change that is occurring all around us. It frees us from anxiety and opens our hearts to possibility.
1. Sit in a comfortable place, I prefer bundled up outside, with your sits bones grounded and lengthen your spine. Bring your fingertips and thumbs to touch creating a circle with your hands and hold this circle on your belly (wherever you feel is most energetically speaking to you).
2. Focus on your inhale and exhale until you feel a sense of peace.
3. Bring your awareness to your heart chakra at the center of your breastbone and breathe here. Take long, slow, deep inhales drawing love, patience and acceptance into your heart space and with every exhale, call out the mantra Y-A-M (pronounced yaaaaaam) releasing anything that is no longer serving you including fears, anxieties, judgments, comparisons or self-doubt. Continue with this until you feel intuitively ready to move on, try for a minimum of 3-5 minutes.
4. Now bring your attention to your root chakra at your perineum. Feel yourself connected to Mother Nature and know that you embody all of her wisdom, beauty and divinity. As you inhale draw in security, connection, independence and trust and as you exhale, call out the mantra L-A-M (pronounced laaaaaammm) releasing the judgments and expectations you place upon yourself go. Stay here until you feel intuitively ready to move on, try for a minimum of 3-5 minutes.
5. Focus on the energy of your belly behind the circle and feel the power of your inner strength. Feel it move through your entire body. This is your guiding light.
6. Bring this energy up to the space where you feel any anxiety, doubt or fear and allow your strength to help you release this tension.
7. Envision it leaving your body and allow your inner strength to coarse up and down your body from your root chakra to your sacrum, through your chakras to the top of your skull.
8. Breath and rest for a few moments and when you open your eyes, take a moment to sit with Mother Nature in the midst of her change, before carrying on with your day.
Zain’s Healthy Vegan OREO Cookies & OREO Cookie Ice Cream ❤️
Ingredients for cookies:
1/4 cup raw organic cacao
3/4 cup gluten free flour I use @bobsredmill
1/8 cup + 1 tbsp unsweetened nut milk
1/4 cup sucanat
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp natural vanilla
1/8 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
1/4 cup coconut butter
2 cans coconut cream (bpa free cans left in fridge overnight then scoop out cream off the top!)
1. In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
2. In a different bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
3. Mix wet into dry to create the dough and cool in fridge for 30-40 mins.
4. Preheat oven to 350F
5. Remove dough from fridge, knead and roll out with a rolling pin then cut into circles.
6. Bake on a parchment paper lined cookie tray with baking paper for 10-12 mins and allow to cool for 20-30 mins before scooping off the tray.
7. Meanwhile, prepare the filling by whipping coconut cream with 1/2 vanilla in a cold metal bowl, then spread between the cooled cookie layers!
8. Enjoy the cookies OR mix them into vegan vanilla ice cream…
I make mine like this:
Using my @vitamix I blend 1 can coconut cream, 1 cup unsweetened nut milk (I use cashew), 15-20 drops vanilla stevia, 1/4 tsp crystal salt, 2 tsp natural vanilla, ice.
If you don’t have a high powered blender use your ice cream maker or whisk all ingredients, freeze and continue to whisk every 30-40 mins until frozen and creamy.
Then mush your Oreos into it and dive in.
Disclaimer: I can not be held responsible for your addiction to this recipe😋
Special delivery sample box of all of my favorite vegan, gluten free desserts handmade by moi for one of my besties ❤️
In da box:
Cookie Dough Dip
Peanut Butter AND Raspberry Coconut Granola Bars
Nutella Bliss Ball
Bourbon Bliss Ball
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Bliss Ball
Peanut Butter Cookies
Zain’s Peaches & Cream Vegan or Non-Vegan OvernightOats
1/2 Cup Gluten Free Slow Cook Oats
1/8 Cup Unsweetened Nut Milk of Your Choice (I use homemade unsweetened cashew milk recipe on my Instagram or website)
1/3 Heaping Cup Yogurt of your choice vegans please use coconut or almond yogurt, non-vegans Fat Free GreekYogurt
11/2 Tsp Chia Seeds
1/8 Tsp Natural Vanilla
1 Vanilla Pod (Optional)
1 Ripe White Peach (sliced/cubed)
1 Tbsp Coconut Butter
5-7 Drops Liquid Stevia (I use Sweet Leaf Vanilla Creme Flavour) OR Sweetener of Your Choice (Maple Syrup is amazing too)
Top with coconut whipped cream (refrigerate coconut milk overnight, in the morning scoop out the cream and whip until fluffy with a sweetener of your choice if desired)
1. Using a half pint (1 Cup) glass jar, combine oats, milk of your choice, yogurt of your choice, chia seeds, and sweetener of your choice, cover and shake vigorously
2. Add peach, coconut butter and stir until mixed well
3. Refrigerate overnight and serve chilled, topped with sliced peaches and coconut whip cream
'Yoga is not for the flexible it is for the willing'
Looking at this image of myself in deep kapotasana it’s hard to remember what life felt like before I began my daily asana practice. Everyday became an opportunity to challenge myself, to move deeper into the caverns of my heart and spirit. An exploration of the why in every aspect of life, often revealing truths that I did not want to face.
No I did not just wake up one day and turn my body inside out and upside down, I seduced myself with breath, everyday for years and years and slowly, my body, mind and spirit felt comfortable to let go, to release, to surrender, to trust.
Whatever your yoga is in life, raising your children, creating art, or opening your body to free your mind, remember that all you need to bring is your pure willingness and might I add devotion. These two ingredients alone will transcend and transform what you may have believed to be impossible into something achievable and once you arrive, you’ll likely discover that there is no end only a continuous process of letting go, trusting, breathing and being willing.
Remember that each and every living person is going through the same process.
Happy Monday beautiful people ❤️
Lebanese Pizza 😊
This recipe was a total fluke but wow was it ever delicious!
2 grilled gluten free pita breads
1/4 cup hummus
4oz grilled halloumi cheese
1/4 cup kalamata olives
1 sweet vine ripened #tomato
1/2 tbsp za’atar
1/2 cup arugula
1/8 cup chopped parsley
Just grill the bread and cheese then layer everything over top!
1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt mixed with 1/4 cucumber grated, Himalayan crystal salt & black pepper to taste
Vegan Cinnamon Bun Pancakes!
This new recipe has me jumping outta bed in the morning! If you’re a cinnamon bun lover, you’ll adore this healthy, vegan version…
56g GlutenFree Oats
1 Scoop Sunwarrior Protein Powder OR Vegan Protein Powder Of Your Choice
1 Tsp Baking Powder
7-10 Drops Vanilla Creme Stevia
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Tsp Coconut Oil
Coconut Cooking Spray
1 Flax Egg – (1/2 Tbsp Ground Flax + 1.5 Tbsp Water, set aside for 3-5 minutes)
For Cinnamon Swirl:
1/8 cup #Coconut Butter
1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
3 tbsp Cashews (soaked) non-vegans can sub for organic cream cheese
1. If using ‘flax egg’ combine ground flax in water an set aside
2. Mix dry ingredients together until combined
3. Add all wet ingredients ‘flax egg’ to the dry ingredients (add a little nut milk if the batter is too thick to obtain the consistency you desire)
4. Blend all ingredients for cinnamon paste and pour into an icing piping bag.
5. Heat sprayed skillet and pour 1/2 pancake batter onto the grill.
6. When pancake starts to bubble swirl cinnamon paste from center in a spiral outward staying away from the edges.
7. Heat for a couple moments or until edges are slightly browned then flip. Repeat with the remaining half of batter.
8. Once pancakes are cooked and plated, serve with maple syrup and drizzle with more cinnamon paste!