Zain’s Peaches & Cream Vegan or Non-Vegan OvernightOats
1/2 Cup Gluten Free Slow Cook Oats
1/8 Cup Unsweetened Nut Milk of Your Choice (I use homemade unsweetened cashew milk recipe on my Instagram or website)
1/3 Heaping Cup Yogurt of your choice vegans please use coconut or almond yogurt, non-vegans Fat Free GreekYogurt
11/2 Tsp Chia Seeds
1/8 Tsp Natural Vanilla
1 Vanilla Pod (Optional)
1 Ripe White Peach (sliced/cubed)
1 Tbsp Coconut Butter
5-7 Drops Liquid Stevia (I use Sweet Leaf Vanilla Creme Flavour) OR Sweetener of Your Choice (Maple Syrup is amazing too)
Top with coconut whipped cream (refrigerate coconut milk overnight, in the morning scoop out the cream and whip until fluffy with a sweetener of your choice if desired)
1. Using a half pint (1 Cup) glass jar, combine oats, milk of your choice, yogurt of your choice, chia seeds, and sweetener of your choice, cover and shake vigorously
2. Add peach, coconut butter and stir until mixed well
3. Refrigerate overnight and serve chilled, topped with sliced peaches and coconut whip cream
'Yoga is not for the flexible it is for the willing'
Looking at this image of myself in deep kapotasana it’s hard to remember what life felt like before I began my daily asana practice. Everyday became an opportunity to challenge myself, to move deeper into the caverns of my heart and spirit. An exploration of the why in every aspect of life, often revealing truths that I did not want to face.
No I did not just wake up one day and turn my body inside out and upside down, I seduced myself with breath, everyday for years and years and slowly, my body, mind and spirit felt comfortable to let go, to release, to surrender, to trust.
Whatever your yoga is in life, raising your children, creating art, or opening your body to free your mind, remember that all you need to bring is your pure willingness and might I add devotion. These two ingredients alone will transcend and transform what you may have believed to be impossible into something achievable and once you arrive, you’ll likely discover that there is no end only a continuous process of letting go, trusting, breathing and being willing.
Remember that each and every living person is going through the same process.
Happy Monday beautiful people ❤️
Lebanese Pizza 😊
This recipe was a total fluke but wow was it ever delicious!
2 grilled gluten free pita breads
1/4 cup hummus
4oz grilled halloumi cheese
1/4 cup kalamata olives
1 sweet vine ripened #tomato
1/2 tbsp za’atar
1/2 cup arugula
1/8 cup chopped parsley
Just grill the bread and cheese then layer everything over top!
1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt mixed with 1/4 cucumber grated, Himalayan crystal salt & black pepper to taste
Vegan Cinnamon Bun Pancakes!
This new recipe has me jumping outta bed in the morning! If you’re a cinnamon bun lover, you’ll adore this healthy, vegan version…
56g GlutenFree Oats
1 Scoop Sunwarrior Protein Powder OR Vegan Protein Powder Of Your Choice
1 Tsp Baking Powder
7-10 Drops Vanilla Creme Stevia
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Tsp Coconut Oil
Coconut Cooking Spray
1 Flax Egg – (1/2 Tbsp Ground Flax + 1.5 Tbsp Water, set aside for 3-5 minutes)
For Cinnamon Swirl:
1/8 cup #Coconut Butter
1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
3 tbsp Cashews (soaked) non-vegans can sub for organic cream cheese
1. If using ‘flax egg’ combine ground flax in water an set aside
2. Mix dry ingredients together until combined
3. Add all wet ingredients ‘flax egg’ to the dry ingredients (add a little nut milk if the batter is too thick to obtain the consistency you desire)
4. Blend all ingredients for cinnamon paste and pour into an icing piping bag.
5. Heat sprayed skillet and pour 1/2 pancake batter onto the grill.
6. When pancake starts to bubble swirl cinnamon paste from center in a spiral outward staying away from the edges.
7. Heat for a couple moments or until edges are slightly browned then flip. Repeat with the remaining half of batter.
8. Once pancakes are cooked and plated, serve with maple syrup and drizzle with more cinnamon paste!
Our bodies, minds and spirits hold onto so much of the hurt, pain and fear that we experience over the course of our lives.
As a result, we can become imprisoned by the rules, restrictions and judgements that we place upon ourselves robbing us of the precious present moment.
What does it feel like living in YOUR body? How about in YOUR mind?
Have you created a nurturing, peaceful and harmonious temple within though which to serve, love and live your dharma or have you created a place of struggle, rigidity and chaos?
Examine what life currently feels like living it through YOUR mind and body. If peace, truth, joy and balance feel foreign then it’s time to make some intuitive changes in the way you live and there’s no time like the present ❤️
Feeling exhausted? Chances are it’s not due to sleep but adrenal fatigue from stress causing a release of cortisol and affecting your need to consume foods with excess salt or sugar.
Try Zain’s All-Natural Energizing Adrenal Support Smoothie!!!
1 banana fresh or frozen (I like frozen)
1 cup coconut water
2 tsp hemp seeds
2 tsp chia seeds
1/2 tbsp coconut butter
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1 tsp maca
1 tsp greens powder of your choice I use @sunwarrior Ormus Greens
1/4 cup fermented almond or coconut yogurt or kefir
2 tsp bee pollen (vegans pls omit)
1 tbsp goji berries
1/2 cup unsweetened nut milk of your choice I use homemade cashew milk
10-20 drops ashwaganda extract or 1 tsp powder
1/8 tsp panax gingseng
3-4 ice cubes
Homemade Beet, Sweet Potato & Mixed Veggie Chips!
Forget the deep fried potato chips and enjoy your veggies crunchy. Homemade veggie chips are the healthiest way to snack and once you learn to make them chances are you won’t stop munching 😍
1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. Use a mandolin to slice beets, zucchini, carrots, sweet potatoes peppers and other sliceable veggies 1/8 inch thick
3. Brush with about 11/2 tbsp coconut oil or grape seed oil and bake until crispy and golden on each side for between 35 and 45 mins (beets and potato take slight longer than the rest)
4. Sprinkle with Himalayan crystal salt & freshly ground pepper and serve with hummus, guacamole, salsa or any dip of your choice!
Full Moon Meditation 🙏
I’m sure many of you are feeling the emotional effects of the Piscean SuperMoon over the last few days. This moon has the incredible power to support you in releasing old and unhealed emotional wounds, addictions and negative thought patterns as well as spark or stimulate your creative energy. This moon is one that can change your life if you allow yourself to let go and trust the process.
1. Find a place under the moonlight sit tall, spine erect, eyes closed and begin to focus on your breath.
2. As you breathe, experience the cooling energy at the base of your spine. As you breathe, allow that cool, lunar, feminine energy to rise with each inhale as it begins to spread into all of the energetic regions of your body.
3. Focus on what it is you wish to release or let go of. This is something that has been heavy on your heart and your intuition has given you a clear indication that it must be released.
4. Now breathe the cool energy up from your spine, through your chakras and allow it to bathe your heart space.
5. Feel the power of the moonlight transform whatever you have heart into light energy.
6. Allow the light to circulate through you as you breathe, awakening all of your chakras and core energies. Breathe out everything you wish to release and allow it to be carried away by the light energy out of your body and energetic body.
7. Take a few moments to rest and integrate before opening your eyes.
This photo was taken by my incredibly gifted moon sister @alikaukus who sees the world in colors like these. Check her out on Instagram @allliiibaba ❤️
If the Piscean Full Moon has been causing emotional waterworks all weekend, this may be the perfect comfort food breakfast for you —> Zain’s Vegan Nutella Pancakes!
1 1/4 cup gluten free oats (blended into flour) or flour of your choice
2 tbsp raw organic cacao
1/4 tsp Himalayan Crystal salt
3 tsp gluten free baking powder
1 tbsp hazelnut butter
1 cup nut milk of your choice I use homemade cashew milk
2 tbsp toasted hazelnuts
3 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
1. Mix all dry ingredients together and then add the wet.
2. Fold in chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
3. Grease a pan with coconut oil and pour 1/4 of the mixture. Cook until you see bubbles then flip. Cook until golden on both sides
4. Top with extra toasted hazelnuts and Zain’s homemade Nutella (just google the recipe! It’s on my blog and website 😄)
Sitting on top of the world after hiking the Stawamus Chief, Squamish…