Came across this beautiful and magical mushroom on my walk with Shakti….
Mother Nature constantly inspires and intrigues me and this little toadstool instantly transported me straight into Wonderland 💛
Happy Sunday!! And what a deliciously lazy one it’s been with so many fresh, juicy apples in season, it’s been everything apple in my home all week!
Waffles & Apple Pie were the two things on my mind today so after tinkering around in the kitchen, these Vegan Gluten-free Caramel Apple Pie Waffles happened and they were pretty much the best thing ever…
2 Organic Apples of your choice
1 Cup Buckwheat Flour (made from ground organic buckwheat groats)
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 Scoop Vegan Protein Powder of your choice I use @Sunwarrior Vanilla
2 Flax Eggs (2 tbsp flax seeds in 5 tbsp water, let sit 7 mins then add to recipe) *non-vegans sub for 6 egg whites
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1-2 Tbsp Water if needed
1. Preheat waffle iron and grease with coconut oil
2. Pour 1/2 mixture onto grill, close lid cook for 3-5 minutes or until lid releases
3. For each waffle, re-grease the grill with coconut oil
4. Once waffles are ready & plated top with maple syrup, caramel sauce & coconut whip (recipe on my website)
⭐️For Caramel Apple Sauce⭐️
Sautée chopped apples in a saucepan with a bit of coconut oil. Then, blend 1/2 cup soaked Medjool Dates with 1/4 vanilla bean (scraped) and pour over the apples. Warm on low heat for a few mins then drizzle over your waffles!!!!
Get cosy this Friday eve with my healthy Hot Apple Cider recipe!
This apple cider can be made with or without alcohol for a deliciously warm soul soothing treat.
4 cups freshly made apple juice, I use 4-6 organic local apples in my juicer. Generally red skinned or red and yellow
1/4 vanilla bean scraped or 1/2 tsp natural vanilla
4-5 cinnamon sticks
4-5 cardamom pods
2 Chinese star anise
1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
4 x 1oz spiced rum or brandy, optional
1. Juice apples and place completed juice in a saucepan on medium heat
2. Add all spices and cover to warm for 15 to 20 mins
3. Remove from heat and strain, add alcohol if using and stir to combine, serve immediately
I like to add chopped apples, raisins & chopped dates to my cider as well 💛
Zain’s Classic Baked Vegan Pumpkin Pie!!
Happy Thanksgiving Weekend what a gorgeous offering it is to bake and share a pie with your loved ones.
Here’s one of my favourite recipes. This pie is gluten free vegan and sugar free 😊 but definitely doesn’t taste like it is.
For Classic Baked Crust
1 Cup Uncontaminated Oats (gluten-free)
11/2 Cup Walnuts OR Pecans
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp Organic Flax Seeds
10-15 Drops Liquid Vanilla Creme Stevia
Pinch Himalayan Crystal Salt (optional)
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
For Classic Baked Filling
2 Cups + 1/4 Cup Roasted Sugar Pumpkin OR Canned Pumpkin
1/2 Cup Medjool Dates, optional (soaked)
11/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp Coconut Butter
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
10-15 Drops Vanilla Creme Liquid Stevia
2 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder (or Cornstarch)
2 Tsp Natural Vanilla
11/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Fresh Ginger
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
1/4 Tsp All Spice
For Classic Baked
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a food processor, blend oat flour (if using oat blend these first into a fine flour before adding remaining ingredients), walnuts, flax seeds, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla creme liquid stevia until a crumbly consistency forms. Test by holding a small scoop in your hand to be sure that the mixture clumps together (if not, add another tsp coconut oil)
3. In an 8-9 inch sprayed pie pan, press the crust firmly into the pan and up the sides of the pan to form a 1/2 inch thick crust. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned
4. Meanwhile, use a food processor to blend pumpkin, unsweetened almond milk, arrow root powder, coconut butter, vanilla, dates if using, maple syrup, ginger, cinnamon, all spice and nutmeg until pureed. Taste to be sure you like the combination of spices or adjust according to your taste. I like mine heavy on the cinnamon
5. Remove crust and pour the pumpkin filling over the crust
6. Cover with tin foil and bake for 50-55 minutes. Remove and cool for at least an hour.
Look what just came outta the oven…hot, roasted chili & lime pumpkin seeds!!
These are seriously the most delicious and healthy snack ever AND a great option to serve at thanksgiving before your appies.
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
Juice of 1 fresh lime
1 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp pink Himalayan crystal salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a bowl, combine pumpkin seeds with all of the spices & lime juice
3. Spread on a lined cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 mins stirring every couple minutes
For those of you who are feeling the emotional effect of today’s blood moon in Pisces, you’re not alone.
The flood gates are definitely open and this moon presents us with the opportunity to release and free ourselves of any pain we are carrying that isn’t serving. It also offers us an opportunity to get clear on our relationships including the one we have with ourselves.
Full Moon Meditation
1. Find a place under the moonlight and sit tall, spine erect, eyes closed and begin to focus on your breath.
2. As you breathe, experience the cooling energy at the base of your spine and the cleansing energy of the moon above you. Feel the cool, lunar, feminine energy fill your body and spirit.
3. Place your hands on your heart and bring to mind you relationship to yourself. How do you speak/treat yourself? Are you kind? Judgmental or critical? Just notice if you are holding any fear, pain, resentment and use your exhale breath to release it.
4. Breathe the cool energy up from your spine, through your chakras and allow it to bathe and clear your heart center.
5. Allow the light to circulate through you as you breathe, exhale out everything you wish to release and allow it to be carried away by the light until you feel clear.
6. Take a few moments to rest and integrate before opening your eyes.
VanCity peeps…Come get your glow on with me @yyoga Kitsilano bright & early this week!
The perfect way to awaken to your day, and celebrate the power and beauty of your body, mind & spirit.
I’m teaching FLOW 6:45am-7:45am October 7th, 8th & 10th, hope to see you there!
What or whom are you a warrior for I your life?
What are the causes that inspire you to strengthen and purify your body, mind and spirit so that you have the clarity and endurance to take a stand?
With October being the month of gratitude and thanksgiving, I felt called to examine the causes that I personally stand for and I encourage you to get clear on yours. After all, ‘stand for nothing and you fall for everything’ right?
So let this month be the most powerful one of the year for you. The one where you focus on the big picture, where you use your divine gifts to give, serve and love.
Thank you to my beautiful and talented soul sistah @alikaukas for this photo. Each time I see it it reminds me of everything I stand for 😍
Join me this morning and every Friday @exhalestudio Yaletown Vancouver 10-11:15am for Kundalini Vinyasa Fusion!
This powerful class offers the best of both worlds so you can increase your energy, strengthen and tone your body, release all that energetic and emotional stuff that’s no longer serving you and create more bliss in your life.
Come get your sweat on…today it’s all about the heart chakra
Someone is just loving the transition into autumn…