Guys I just wanted to share a bit of a breakthrough that I had today: I enjoyed a plate of pasta with cheese for the first time in about a decade. This was one meal that, I admit, was a little intimidating after recovery probably because of all of the connotation associated with pasta and with cheese and how these are anti-foods for the fit and fabulous.
As you know, I have been experimenting more when it comes to foods and fear foods in order to breakthrough my personal misconceptions. This is a recipe that I learned whilst I lived in Italy. It was absolutely delicious and I can’t believe I went for nearly 10 years without enjoying these magnificent tastes, which I may add are amazing for a lean physique!
Zain’s Venetian Portabello Primavera:
1 cup (cooked) Brown Rice Pasta (I used Fusili)
1 oz Skimmed Swiss Cheese
1/4 cup Portabello Mushrooms
1/4 Zucchini (sliced)
Dash of Braggs Seasoning
1/4 Tsp Fresh Oregano
1/2 Clove Garlic (minced)
6-8 Sweet Cherry Tomatoes
1 Tsp Tomato Paste
1 Tsp Honey
1/2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 Tsp Whole Grain Mustard
Black Pepper to Taste
1. Bring water to a boil and cook pasta until al-dente (about 17-20 minutes)
2. Sautee garlic, mushrooms and zucchini with a dash of Braggs
3. In magic bullet or food processor, blend tomatoes, oregano, vinegar, mustard spices and honey
4. Once pasta is cooked, strain and add to sautee pan, mix thoroughly then add sauce
5. Add in cheese and cook on low until melted. Serve hot.