So it’s official. We are half a year into 2012 tomorrow and I cannot help but think of how life changing this year has been for me so far.
I find that it is important to look back over periods of time and really think about the things that I have accomplished that I am proud of. For someone who has worked to overcome self-esteem issues, I remember how hard I used to be on myself and still am sometimes so I find it beneficial to think and actually list what I have accomplished and give myself the space to celebrate these things.
We can be so hard on ourselves to look better, do better etc. which comes from growing up in a competitive world that breeds insecurity. I was one of those who believed that no matter how hard I tried I would never achieve my perfect body, career or meet my perfect partner. When I started looking at the things that I had done or had accomplished, my mindset began to change and energetically there was a shift that I know was the foundation of my success in all areas of my life.
This word, perfect, is one that has the power to manipulate our sense of reality encouraging us to strive for more, for an unattainable state of being. But as I sit here making my list of accomplishments, I cannot help but feel that perfection is here now, it is a state of being, feeling and thinking that initiates the achievement of goals rather than serving as the end result.
My Accomplishments This Year That I am Proud Of:
- Started my blog
- Completed my first successful fitness shoot
- Landed a nine page feature in the Yoga Magazine
- Will be featured as a guest blogger on Tosca Reno’s blog in June
- Have created tons of new, clean recipes
- Broken my personal best 4 times this year for 10km and 14km runs
- Followed my heart and made the choice not to compete
- Maintained my physique through dedicating myself to my training and meal plan
- Helped others to get on track with their eating and training
- Planted my herb and vegetable garden
- Have learned to hold a handstand
- Have been busy working on one of the most exciting projects of my life that I cannot wait to share with you in June
If you are making decisions based in fear, I encourage you to take a half-time at this juncture in the year to re-evaluate. Ask yourself:
- How are you are feeling energetically?
- What have you accomplished? Make a list.
- Have you been progressing toward your goals or have you filled the last six months with excuses as to why you can’t, won’t or haven’t achieved or surpassed them?
- What can you do better for the next half of the year?