Zain’s Vegan Carrot Cake Pancakes
Clearly, I’m having a bit of a carrot cake moment. After last weeks carrot cake recipe that was created with Tosca Reno and Rita Catolino in mind, I have fallen head over heels in love with the combination and I suppose it was only a matter of time before I turned it into pancakes.
Zain’s Vegan PB & Banana Creme Pancakes were so loved that I decided to share Zain’s Carrot Cake Pancakes using a vegan recipe as well.
There is a non-vegan option, which uses a cream cheese frosting and my regular pancake blend, that you can find here.
Can pancakes be make egg-free and vegan? Of course! They are delicious, clean and packed with healthy, bio-available plant proteins.
56g Uncontaminated Oats
1 Scoop Sunwarrior Protein Powder OR Vegan Protein Powder Of Your Choice
1 Tsp Baking Powder
7-10 Drops Vanilla Creme Stevia
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Tsp Coconut Butter
1 Cup Shredded Organic Carrots
2 Tbsp Organic Flame Raisins
1/2 Tsp Fresh Ginger (minced)
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
Canola Cooking Spray
For a thicker pancake, add:
1 Flax Egg - (1/2 Tbsp Ground Flax + 1.5 Tbsp Water, set aside for 3-5 minutes)
Carrot Cake Frosting:
1/4 - 1/2 Cup Coconut Cream (Leave coconut milk in the fridge over night, scoop out the cream)
1 tsp Coconut Butter (optional but delicious)
3-5 Drops Liquid Stevia OR 1 Tsp Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp Organic Walnuts
Optional - Additional grated carrots and raisins to top
1. If using ‘flax egg’ combine ground flax in water an set aside
2. Mix dry ingredients together until combined
3. Add all wet ingredients (including ‘flax egg’ if you are using it) to the dry ingredients (add a little water if the batter is too thick to obtain the consistency you desire)
4. Heat sprayed skillet and pour 1/2 pancake batter onto the grill. Heat for two to three minutes or until edges are slightly browned then flip. Repeat with the remaining half of the batter
5. Meanwhile, using your magic bullet or food processor, blend ingredients for Carrot Cake Frosting (except walnuts)
6. Once pancakes are cooked and plated, spread frosting over top and serve with maple syrup or sugar-free maple syrup