Zain’s White Chia & Cashew Superfood Granola Bars
Tired of your same old carrots & hummus snack-to-go? I know, total yawn right?
Why not whip up a batch of my delicious, homemade granola bars and nourish your body with a super-dose of superfoods to keep you energized until your next meal.
These are the PERFECT snacks to munch on on the bus, between classes, before or after a workout with a protein shake and you will be surprised at how simple they are!
Makes Approx 15 bars
2 Cups Slow Cook Oats
3/4 Cup Quinoa Flakes
1/4 Tbsp Cup White Chia Seeds
1/8 + 1 Tbsp Cup Cashew Butter
1/8 Cup Cacao Nibs
1/3 Cup Whole or Chopped Nuts Of Your Choice (I used soaked almonds & cashews)
1/4 Cup Medjool Dates OR Dried Mulberries Chopped
1/4 Tsp Cinnamon (optional)
1/2 Tsp Natural Vanilla
3 Egg Whites
1 Tsp Stevia
50 + Drops Vanilla Creme Liquid Stevia
1/8 Tsp Himalayan Crystal Salt
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a square pan with parchment paper or greased foil (I use a 9 inch baking pan).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together cashew butter, liquid stevia, maple syrup, vanilla and egg whites.
3. Then mix in the oats, quinoa flakes, white chia seeds, dried fruit and nuts of your choice and crystal salt until all of the dry ingredients are fully coated.
4. Press the mixture firmly down into the pan, you may use another piece of parchment paper to flatten the mixture down.
5. Bake for 15-22 minutes then allow to cool for 10 minutes. I prefer to refrigerate mine before cutting so they are well chilled.