Zain’s Raw & Vegan Boston Cream Pie
I have created this very special recipe in honour of the City of Boston and the tragic events that occurred. One of my close friends was running in the Marathon and after 17 hours waiting on pins and needles, I found out that not only was she ok but that she and several other athletes continued running after the race straight to the hospital to donate blood. Isn’t that incredible?
This particular recipe is raw and vegan and was inspired by my best friend who also lives in Boston. It is packed with delicious, bio-available nutrients and proteins and is a treat that is actually good for you. As you create this pie, share it with those you love the most and be grateful for them in this moment because you never know what may happen in the next.
*Makes 2 large or 4 mini servings
*Note: this recipe is considered a treat or dessert due to it’s content of healthy fat.
1 Scoop SUNWARRIOR Vanilla Protein
6-7 Medjool Dates (pitted)
1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp Walnuts OR Almonds (soaked, I used sprouted nuts)
1-2 Tsp Maple Syrup
1/2 Tbsp Coconut Butter
Pinch Himalayan Crystal Salt OR Sea Salt
1/8 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Coconut Butter
1/4 Cup Cashews (soaked)
1 Tbsp Hot Water
1/8 Tsp Natural Vanilla Extract
1 Medjool Date
Raw Chocolate Topping
1/8 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
11/2 Tbsp Coconut Butter
Pinch Himalayan Crystal Salt (optional)
1. Prepare Cream Filling by blending all ingredients together in a food processor until very smooth, refrigerate.
2. Prepare Pie Layer by blending all ingredients together in a food processor until quite smooth.
3. Once blended, use your hands to separate the blended ingredients into two parts.
4. Mould one part into a round pie shape, set aside.
5. Remove Cream Filling from fridge and pour on top of the first layer of pie then mould the second layer on top ensuring that the sides mesh together. *note you may want to wet your hands to make this happen. I like to really work it into a beautiful round shape but you can create any shape that you want ie. square, a loaf etc.
6. Prepare Raw Chocolate Topping by lightly melting coconut butter then stirring in raw cacao powder and salt if using and drizzle over top of your pie.
7. You may refrigerate until ready to serve or serve right away.