Zain’s PB & J French Toast
THE ULTIMATE CLEAN COMFORT FOOD for those of you feeling a little mid-week, full moon pressure.
This was my breakfast AND is definitely going to be my post-workout snack for today. Rich with bioavailable nutrients, protein, wholegrain carbs, healthy fats and the best combination ever…chunky peanut butter & natural jam.
And just because this is SO fabulous, you may give yourself permission, to take a day off from your green smoothie (shhhh, our little secret!)
*Makes 1 Serving
*Note: You may adjust the nut butter and jam to your desired serving ratios.
2 Slices Sprouted Grain Bread (Manna Bread or Ezekiel Bread are best)
5 Egg Whites + 1 Whole Egg *Vegans Sub 10Tbsp Egg Replacer + 1 Flax Egg
2 Tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 Tbsp Gluten-Free Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Natural Vanilla
1/16 Tsp Powdered Stevia OR 1/4 Ripe Banana
1/2-1 Tbsp Crunchy Peanut Butter
1/2-1 Tbsp Natural (Unsweetened) Strawberry OR Raspberry Jam
1/4 Cup Fresh Strawberries to Top (optional)
1/2 Tbsp Natural Maple Syrup
1. In Magic Bullet, blend egg & egg whites *or vegan ingredients with almond milk, baking powder, vanilla and sweeter or banana until frothy and pour into a wide bowl.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet (greased or ungreased).
3. Meanwhile, dip/soak the sprouted bread into the egg mixture until both sides are fully coated. Do not leave the bread in the mixture or it will get soggy.
4. Place the soaked bread(s) on your skillet and cook until golden on both sides.
5. Spread the peanut butter & jelly onto one slice and top with the other. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve hot.