Feeling Gratitude Meditation
This is a big one guys. Learning to practice and feel gratitude has the power to raise our vibrations and attract more abundance into our lives.
When I first began practicing gratitude, it felt more like going through the motions rather than actually feeling the tingling and warmth in my heart centre and the electricity in my palms that I now realize is of far greater worth than running through a list of what I am grateful for.
Through this gratitude meditation, I have learned to be come aware of my subtle energy and how important it is to have a constant connection to the feelings gratitude as they have an immediate ability to shift my vibration no matter what experiences I am co-creating in my life to move through.
This is one of my favourite meditations to do starting on a new week, for 7 days.
1. Find a peaceful, space either outdoors or one well lit with natural light.
2. Sit in an upright position with your spine long, place your right hand upon your heart and your left hand on your belly and begin to breathe deeply into your belly.
3. When you have connected to your deep, belly breathing focus on the heart chakra energy centre (the space in the centre of your chest and thoracic spine) and feel the energetic impact of that chakra.
4. Your heart chakra energetically vibrates with the colour green so as you breathe, picture how vibrant the colour of your heart chakra is. Is it a pale green or does it glow a bright, radiating emerald green? As you breathe, picture the colour getting brighter and more vibrant.
5. Once you have brightened the colour of your heart chakra, feel the healing and empowering energy of it move through your entire body. Be open to all of the blessings in your life that you are grateful for beginning with your own body/spirit and then thinking of things and people in your life. You may choose to focus only on one thing per day that you are grateful for.
6. Feel your heart and body fill with heat and light as you bring these things to your mind’s eye one by one and feel a deep sense of abundance move through you. What you are grateful for, may not be something that makes you happy. It could also be a painful experience, the end of a relationship etc. Be open.
7. Feel yourself completely surrendering mind, body, heart and spirit to the blessings you have in your life and trust that you have attracted each and everyone of them so that you may grown and transform in the ways that you are meant to. As you feel the gratitude inside of you, take a few moments to breathe here and bring this energy with you into every experience and interaction for the rest of your day.