Zain’s Raw Pecan Pie
What better a way to celebrate the first day of autumn than with a healthy, homemade, pecan pie. With three easy steps and no-baking, this little sugar free treat is sure to become one of your clean dessert favourites!
Guilt-free desserts are where it’s at and this is one of my most popular recipes (amongst my friends that is) so I thought it was high time that I shared it with you.
***NOTE: This recipe is raw, vegan and gluten-free, holla!!
Makes 8 Servings (for 2 individual pies 1/2 this recipe as shown in the photo or for a single pie 1/4 this recipe)
1 Cup Ground Uncontaminated Oats (OR Almond Flour)
2 Tbsp Sunwarrior Protein Powder OR Protein Powder of Your Choice (whey, brown rice, pumpkin seed etc)
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
25-30 Drops Vanilla Creme Stevia OR Clean Sweetener of Your Choice (2 Tbsp Maple Syrup works great here)
Pinch Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
Pecan Pie Filling
1 Cup Medjool Dates (soaked for at least 2 hours, I soak mine overnight)
1 Cup Pecans
1 Tbsp Maca Root Powder (optional)
1 Ripe Banana
2 Tsp Natural Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1/8 Tsp Nutmeg
Pecans to Top (optional)
1. In a food processor, blend all ingredients for crust into a dough-like consistency
2. Pat crust into an 8 inch spring form pan (or 2 4 inch spring form mini pans) evenly
3. In a food processor, blend all ingredients for pie filling until thoroughly combined, scraping down the sides if necessary and pour batter over the crust. Level off with a spatula or spoon to even it out
4. Top with pecans if you wish and freeze for at least 3 hours (I freeze mine overnight)
5. Remove from freezer and pan and serve with Zain’s Coconut Whip Cream
***Note, this is the perfect recipe to bring for festive harvest dinners and especially for Thanksgiving!
Zain’s Raw Vegan Zucchini Pasta with Tomato and Basil Sauce
Looking for new ways to spice up your main meals? Try my delicious spring inspired zucchini pasta, packed with vitamins and nutrients. Easy to make, this dish will very quickly become one of your healthy favourites!
*Makes 2 Servings
2 Zucchinis ends removed
1 Large Tomato
1/4 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves
1/8 White Onion (diced)
1/2 Clove Garlic (minced)
1/4 Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes (soaked in boiling water for 3-5 mins)
1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
1 Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds OR Walnuts (chopped)
2 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (optional)
1 tsp dried oregano
Himalayan Crystal Salt and Ground Pepper to Taste
- Using a food processor, blend all ingredients except pumpkin seeds and zucchini, until smooth then top with chopped pumpkin seeds.
- For zucchini pasta, use a food processor to slice OR cut zucchini in half lengthwise and use a spiral slicer or hand grater.
- Plate shredded zucchini pasta and top with tomato, basil sauce. Sprinkle whole or chopped pumpkin seeds or walnuts and a tsp of extra virgin olive oil per serving if desired.
*Note, this recipe is delicious with tofu or tempeh for a complete meal