Zain’s Homemade Wild Mushroom, Pesto and Goat Cheese Pizza
Eating clean does not have to mean missing out on your favourite foods. This super simple and delicious pizza recipe is not only easy but it turns out amazing every time.
2 Cups Grated Cauliflower (I use a food processor but hand grater is fine too)
1/4 Cup Egg Whites
1/4 Cup Oats
1 Clove Garlic
1 Tbsp Pistachios OR Pinenuts (optional, I use them because they offer a gorgeous taste)
1 oz Skimmed Mozzarella
1 Tsp Oregano
2 Tsp Parsley
1/8 Tsp Brewer’s Yeast (optional, but gives a richer flavour)
Himalayan Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp Pesto (from bottle or 4-5 leaves fresh bunch basil, 1/2 bunch coriander, 1/8 tsp brewers yeast, juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 tsp Olive Oil, 1/2 Tbsp pine nuts, salt and pepper to taste all blended.)
1 Tbsp Pizza Sauce (from bottle or tomato paste blended with oregano, garlic, salt and pepper)
1/2 Cup Wild Mushrooms OR Portabello
1 oz Low Fat Goat’s Cheese OR Feta Cheese OR Skimmed Mozzarella
*Feel free to add 1/2 cup peppers, onions, spinach, tomatoes or any other veggies of your choice as well as protein such as tofu, chicken, seitan etc.
1. Preheat oven to 450 F and spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or use parchment paper
2. Pan fry grated cauliflower in a sprayed frying pan over medium heat and cook until it becomes translucent. Meanwhile, place all other ingredients for crust in a food processor and blend until smooth
3. In a bowl combine cooked cauliflower and blended ingredients and spread dough out over cookie sheet
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Meanwhile, prepare and pan fry remaining optional toppings and veggies until cooked.
5. Remove the crust from the oven and add. Add pizza sauce and pesto and top with mushrooms, optional toppings, and cheese.
6. Place back in the oven for 3-5 minutes until cheese melts slightly. Serve warm!