Zain’s Peanut Butter & Banana Creme Vegan Pancakes
By special request, I am posting this recipe for my vegan pancakes for my beautiful friend and teammate (you know who you are) who requested a vegan version of my favourite breakfast staple…CLEAN PANCAKES.
Can they be made egg-free and vegan? Of course! They are delicious, clean and packed with healthy, bio-available plant proteins.
56g Uncontaminated Oats
1 Scoop Sunwarrior Protein Powder OR Vegan Protein Powder Of Your Choice
1 Tsp Baking Powder
7-10 Drops Vanilla Creme Stevia
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Tsp Coconut Oil
Canola Cooking Spray
For a thicker pancake, add:
1 Flax Egg - (1/2 Tbsp Ground Flax + 1.5 Tbsp Water, set aside for 3-5 minutes)
Peanut Butter Banana Creme:
1/2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp Light Coconut Milk OR Unsweetened Almond Milk
1. If using ‘flax egg’ combine ground flax in water an set aside
2. Mix dry ingredients together until combined
3. Add all wet ingredients (including ‘flax egg’ if you are using it) to the dry ingredients (add a little water if the batter is too thick to obtain the consistency you desire)
4. Heat sprayed skillet and pour 1/2 pancake batter onto the grill. Heat for two to three minutes or until edges are slightly browned then flip. Repeat with the remaining half of the batter
5. Meanwhile, using your magic bullet or food processor, blend ingredients for peanut butter creme and set aside
6. Once pancakes are cooked and plated, spread peanut butter creme over top and serve with maple syrup or sugar-free maple syrup
MDR’s (SC 8, PR 1 (depending on your values for protein powder), F 2 (if using flax 3, FR 1/4)
Have a recipe that you absolutely love but unsure of how to create it? Looking for a vegetarian, vegan or raw alternative to your favourite meal but can’t figure out how to create it? Feel free to message me anytime, I would love to assist you in creating a meal or dessert that will help you with your fitness and clean eating goals!